Police investigated the reporting of suspicious vehicle near church, said to be among proposed targets of terror cell behind last months attacks
Catalan police temporarily evacuated Barcelona’s Sagrada Familia church and nearby businesses on Tuesday after a van parked nearby inspired a bomb frighten.
At about 8.30 pm local period, the local police force, the Mossos d’Esquadra, said it was examining the reporting of a suspicious vehicle in the field as part of an anti-terrorist operation.
But the alert was soon confirmed to be a false alarm by Catalan police and the local government. No arrests were constructed, the police said on Twitter.
The incident comes less than a month after 16 people were murdered in terrorist attacks in Barcelona and the coastal town of Cambrils.
The terror cell that inflicted the carnage was scheming much larger assault, including the bombing of the Sagrada Familia, a suspect tell a court after his arrest.
Mohamed Houli Chemlal built the admission after being brought before a magistrate in Madrid, Spanish media reported, quoting tribunal officials.
Houli, 21, confirmed that the group had been planning large-scale suicide bombing attack before an explosion rent through a house in Alcanar where a number of them had been remaining, killing two of the plotters.
One of the proposed targets was the Sagrada Familia, the half-finished church designed by the Catalan designer Antoni Gaudi that is one of Barcelona’s best loved buildings.
Spain has maintained its anti-terrorism security alerting one level below the maximum since mid-2 015.
Make sure to visit: CapGeneration.com