Embarrassing stains on your T-shirt, sniffing someone’s hobo to check if the government had pooped, the first time having sex post-giving birth — as a new mama, their own lives turnings upside-down.
Illustrator Ingebritt ter Veld and Corinne de Vries, who works for Hippe-Birth Cards, a webshop for birth proclamations, had babies shortly after one another.
In the series ” #ThingsOnlyMomsKnow” Ingebritt and Corinne illustrate current realities of motherhood — with all the painful, funny, and loving moments not always talked about .
2. How( not) to sleep.
3. Cry baby.
4. The new things that scare you…
5 . … and the new things that give you the creeps.
6. Being a new mom can get a little … disgusting.
7. And every mom has experienced these postpartum horror stories.
8. There are many, many memorable firsts.
9. Getting to know your post-baby body is an adventure.
10. You become very comfortable with spit-up. Very comfy.
11. Your body, intellect, and most importantly, heart, will expand in ways you didn’t know possible.
This narrative first appeared on Hippe Birth Cards and is reprinted here with permission.
Make sure to visit: CapGeneration.com